Small business owners wear many different hats. And you can’t be expected to know everything there is to know about running a business. At Axis Helps, we’ve rounded up an incredible list of local resources and ongoing programs to help you expand on your skills and grow your business.
Advice & Training
Training programs are a great way to boost your skills and dive deeper into the core functions of your business. Whether you’re looking for one-on-one advice or an extended training course, our Advice and Training page gives you access to many options that can help advance your small business.
Regardless of what stage you’re at, we have a variety of offerings that are sure to meet the needs of your business. And the best part is many of these training programs are FREE!
- STRIVE305: Join Miami-Dade's community hub for local small business owners and entrepreneurs to network and learn about current resources.
- SBDC at FIU: Connect with Miami's local SBDC (Small Business Development Center) to access free business coaching that can support you in scaling your business.
- Prospera: Access personalized and bilingual business support from expert coaches on a variety of topics whether you are just starting or need specific tools to help grow.
- Branches: Receive one-on-one coaching to improve the overall financial health and operations of your micro-business (5 employees or less).
- Miami-Dade Chamber of Commerce: Receive one-on-one business coaching and opportunities to network with local business owners to help advance your business.
- HACCOF Scale Up 305: Get access to events and workshops, co-working space for your business, and cohort-based trainings that cover topics such as business leadership, marketing, financial management, and more.
- SCORE Miami: Join the SCORE network to be paired with a local mentor, to support your business needs, and get access to additional resources to start or grow your business.
- Goldman Sachs & Miami-Dade College: 12-week training program to learn how to grow your businesses, access financial capital, and develop a strong network. (Accepting applications)
- BizHack Academy: 7-week online marketing course designed to improve your business through social media advertising and email marketing. (Accepting applications)
- Opportunity Connect: 12-week cohort for entrepreneurs based in Overtown and get access to educational materials, business resources, and a dedicated business advisor. (Accepting applications)
- Miami Bayside Foundation: 5-week workshop for small business owners looking to improve their skills and learn about ways to access capital. (Currently closed)
In addition to general consulting and training programs, Axis Helps also lists resources that can assist you in navigating more specialized business areas such as legal advice or permitting. These resources are available throughout Miami-Dade County and offered for free or low cost.
- Legal Services of Greater Miami: Receive a variety of legal services that include business registration, contract negotiation and drafting, dispute resolutions, employment relations, and more, at no cost.
At Axis Helps, our team is here to get you connected with available resources to start or grow your business. If you have any questions about a listed resource or have a business need that isn’t addressed above, please reach out to us at email@example.com!