Writers' Emergency Fund
U.S. Citizens and residents
PEN America will distribute grants to professional writers with a financial need, especially one resulting from the impact of the COVID-19 outbreak.
- Program will provide grants of $500 to $1,000
- All recipients of emergency funding will be given a complimentary one-year membership to PEN America
- Applicants do not have to be official members of PEN America to receive a grant
- Must be a writer with professional credentials. Examples include: publication of one or more books; multiple essays, short stories, or poems in literary anthologies or literary journals (either online or in print) in the last two years; a full-length play, performed in a theater of more than 250 seats by a professional theater company. Productions in academic settings qualify if not a student at the time of the production
- Other qualifications that support the applicant’s professional identity as a writer
No items found.