Writers Emergency Assistance Fund
American Society of Journalists and Authors
U.S. Citizens and residents
The Writers Emergency Assistance Fund helps established freelance writers who, because of illness, disability, a natural disaster, or an extraordinary professional crisis, are unable to work.
- Grant, maximum amount of $3,500
- Applicants do not need to be official members of the American Society of Journalists and Authors, but must have either of the following credentials:
- Five published articles from regional or national publications. Unpaid articles and clips written while on staff also count towards associate membership.
- One book published by a major publishing house. Self-published books will not be considered unless the applicant can demonstrate individual quality of the book via sales or reviews.
- Grants are not available for beginning freelancers seeking funding for writing projects or to fund works-in-progress of any kind.
No items found.