Eviction Protection for Residents of Florida
South Florida and beyond
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
Individuals & Families Facing Eviction
Protect yourself from eviction if you’re struggling to pay rent.
Need more help with Rent and Housing?
Find money for rent & utilities, and free legal advice if you're facing eviction.Go to the Rent and Housing program finder
Show more programs
December 31, 2020
To receive protection, a resident must:
- Demonstrate an effort to have received available government rental assistance.
- Certify that one of the below is true:
(i)Yearly income maximum for 2020: $99,000 (individual), $198,000 (if filing a joint tax return),
(ii) Were not required to file taxes in 2019,
(iii) Received a stimulus check.
- Are unable to pay rent because of income loss or medical expenses.
- Agree to make partial rent payment, if they can afford to.
- Demonstrate an eviction would result in homelessness or force them tight, crowded or substandard living arrangements.