Temporary Cash Assistance
South Florida and beyond
Low-income families with children can get financial help from the state’s cash assistance program, now known as Temporary Cash Assistance, and formerly known as welfare.
Need more help with Rent and Housing?
Find money for rent & utilities, and free legal advice if you're facing eviction.Go to the Rent and Housing program finder
Show more programs
- Temporary cash assistance.
- Participants must take part in either work activities or job training programs unless they meet an exemption.
- Income must be less than 185% of the federal poverty level.
- Must be U.S. citizens or qualified noncitizen.
- Must reside in the state of Florida.
- More eligibility requirements are listed here.