Grants to Cover Unpaid Rent for Landlords in Miami-Dade
Miami-Dade Public Housing and Community Development Department
Get paid directly for unpaid rent if you own fewer than 10 rental units.
Need more help with Rent and Housing?
Find money for rent & utilities, and free legal advice if you're facing eviction.Go to the Rent and Housing program finder
Show more programs
December 15, 2020
- One time grant in an amount up to three months’ tenant rent, with a maximum $5,000 per unit.
Landlords with tenants in Miami-Dade County facing financial hardship due to the COVID-19 Pandemic who have missed or are in danger missing rental payments can apply on their tenant’s behalf if the following conditions are met:
- The landlord owns five or fewer rental properties in total, including properties within and outside Miami-Dade.
- Outstanding rent that is requested through this Program, has not been paid or reimbursed by any other source (County, City, State or Federal).
- Eligible properties are located within Miami-Dade County.
- Landlord will provide rental forgiveness to the tenant for the months covered by this program;
- To be eligible, the current income of the tenant household must be at or below 120% Area Median Income (AMI). Current income refers to the household’s income following any job loss or income reduction due to COVID-19.
NOTE: Participation in the Emergency Rental Assistance Program (ERAP) created by Miami-Dade County does not exclude participation in this program, however it cannot fund the same rental period.