Rent, Mortgage, & Utility Assistance for Residents of Miami Beach
City of Miami Beach
Rent & Utility Help
Get help for up to 3 month's worth of rent, mortgage or homeowner fees if you’re behind on your payments because of the pandemic.
Need more help with Rent and Housing?
Find money for rent & utilities, and free legal advice if you're facing eviction.Go to the Rent and Housing program finder
Show more programs
- Up to 3 months of rental assistance includes rent payments, deposits and utility payments).
- Can be applied to mortgage payments and homeowner association fees.
- Housing re-entry assistance available, such as security deposits, utility deposits, and temporary storage of household furnishing.
- Applicants must be City of Miami Beach residents who have US Citizenship or permanent residency.
- Qualifying utility costs may include: electricity, water and gas (bills must be in applicant’s name).
- Program funds are only available to renters or homeowners that live or plan to relocate within City limits and must have valid Florida ID with the address of the assisted property.
- Maximum household income must be at or below 120% of Area Median Income;
- Applicant(s) must be certified by staff as income eligible and remain income eligible while receiving assistance.
- Financial assistance shall be for a maximum of three (3) months, contingent upon applicant(s) becoming current on the expense once assistance is provided.
- Rent/ mortgage must have been current as of March 12, 2020.
- Applicants cannot receive funds from another non-profit or governmental jurisdiction whose funds came from a federal source (Applicants will be required to execute a Non-Duplication of Benefits Affidavit).