Information you’ll need to provide

Along with your application you’ll be asked to submit copies or pictures of these documents: 

  • Photo IDs for each adult in your household that show that you are legal residents of the US.
  • Social security cards for everyone in your household including children. If you don’t have a social security card, you have to provide Income Tax Returns for all adults.
  • Your rental or lease agreement. 
  • Your most recent utility bill from HPS Energy.
  • Proof that you were not behind on payments of rent and utilities before the pandemic on March 1, 2020.
  • Your income and benefits for the last 60-days from all sources for all household members.
  • Something that shows that you’ve lost income because of the pandemic.
  • Monthly expenses report form (using the forms included in the application). 


  • W-9 form and complete the Estoppel Letter (both are included in the application packet).

Helpful tips

  • Use the print version instead of the online version unless your landlord is submitting their documents directly. 
  • Don’t worry. If you make a mistake someone will contact you to help fix it.

About this program

Provided by: The City of Homestead, Community Redevelopment Agency

If you have questions, you can speak with a program representative at:

Program Information: COVID-19 Recovery Grants

Additional Information: Online Application

Not what you're looking for?

Browse additional resources to apply for rental assistance, access free food, find job training programs, and more.

Resources for Individuals & Families

How we can help