Housing Assistance for Veterans & Active Military in Miami-Dade
Get up to $5,000 or 3 month's worth of rent or mortgage assistance if you’re behind on your payments because of the pandemic.
Need more help with Rent and Housing?
Find money for rent & utilities, and free legal advice if you're facing eviction.Go to the Rent and Housing program finder
Show more programs
December 15, 2020
- Up to three (3) months of past due rent or mortgage payments per household, with a maximum of $5,000 per household.
- Funds will be paid directly to the landlord or mortgage lender in the form of a grant.
Any Veteran OR Active Duty Military member may be eligible for rental or mortgage assistance under the program, if the following conditions are met:
- Can prove they are a veteran or active duty military service member.
- Have not received aid for the mortgage or rent payments for the same period covered by this program from any other source.
- Can show a loss or reduction of income due to COVID-19.
- Current household income at or below 120% of Area Median Income (AMI) for Miami-Dade County. Current income refers to the household’s income following any job loss or income reduction due to COVID-19.
- NOTE: Participation in the Emergency Rental Assistance Program (ERAP) created by Miami-Dade County does not exclude participation in this program, however it cannot fund the same rental period.