Reemployment (Unemployment) Assistance

Florida Department of Economic Opportunity and U.S. Federal Government

U.S. Citizens and residents
Coming Soon

The Reemployment Assistance program (formerly known as “unemployment assistance”) provides help to workers who have either had their hours reduced, been furloughed or laid off. Those receiving wages through paid leave, however, are not eligible. As part of the Federal CARES Act, the benefits available to individuals that have lost their job due to the COVID-19 crisis has increased.


  • Recipients can be paid half of what they were earning while working full-time. The maximum benefit from the State of Florida is $275 per week for a maximum of 39 weeks
  • An additional $600 per week has been made available for up to 13 weeks. This benefit will be available through July 31, 2020 and the amount is added to the benefits of up to $275 provided by the State of Florida
Show more


  • Employees  who have been forced to stop working because they were quarantined by a doctor or an agency
  • Employees  who have been laid off or sent home without pay for an extended period by their employer due to COVID-19 concerns
  • Individuals caring for an immediate family member who is diagnosed with COVID-19
Show more
Go back
No items found.


If the reemployment website is not working properly, paper applications are being accepted, but must be mailed through the postal service. Paper applications can be downloaded here, or can be picked up at the following locations:

Once the application is complete, it should be mailed to:

Florida Department of Economic Opportunity
P.O. Box 5350
Tallahassee, FL 32314-5350

Whether applying online or via paper forms, applicants will need to create a profile on the CONNECT portal. From this profile,  important information and required actions are available, including status updates, required check-ins, and other functions.

If you have questions, you can reach the program office at 1 (800) 681-8102
Creole or Spanish speakers can call the Contact Center: 1 (800) 204-2418

Apply now

Do you need help?

These organizations are ready to help you at no cost.


  • Your driver's license or state identification
  • Your social security card
  • Employment details for the last 18 months. Including name, reason for not working now, earnings, and dates of work
  • Work authorization (if not a US citizen)
  • DD-214 member 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, or 8 (if a military employee)
  • SF 8 or SF 50 (if a federal employee)

Sign up for updates

Get notified with new programs when they are available.