Information you’ll need to provide

  • Copy of current bills from your energy company 
  • Social Security cards for everyone you live with who has one
  • Proof of income for everyone you live with in the past month
  • Copy of ID for everyone you live with
  • Copy of your contract if you have utility allowance

Helpful tips

  • The person applying needs to have a Social Security number, but you can apply even if there are people that are undocumented in your household. 
  • You automatically qualify for Energy Assistance if you receive food stamps.
  • You can drop off your application at any Community Resource Center. There are Community Resource Centers all across the county.
  • If your application is denied, you can reapply.

About this program

Provided By: Community Action and Human Services

If you have questions, you can speak with a program representative at: 

Program Information: CAHSD Light Bill Assistance

Not what you're looking for?

Browse additional resources to apply for rental assistance, access free food, find job training programs, and more.

Resources for Individuals & Families

How we can help