Journalism Relief Fund
International Women’s Media Foundation
U.S. Citizens and residents
The Journalism Relief Fund is open to women-identifying journalists who have faced significant financial hardship, lost work, were recently laid off or who urgently need assistance to avoid severe, irreversible outcomes as a result of COVID-19.
The Journalism Relief Fund provides women-identifying journalists small grants of up to $2,000 per request to assist with the following:
- Living assistance to prevent homelessness and food insecurity
- Acute medical care and mental health services
- Legal support
Special consideration will be given on a case-by-case basis to those who have greater financial need.
To be eligible, candidates must meet the following criteria:
- Be a staff or freelance woman-identifying reporter, working in any medium, whose primary profession is journalism (priority given to freelancers and journalists recently laid off)
- Has worked full-time as a journalist within six months of applying for assistance
- Apply for assistance directly related to global health crisis
- Has no other sources of income available at this time