Housing Services for Individuals Living with HIV/AIDS

For residents of:

South Florida and beyond

Provided by:

Housing Opportunities for Persons with AIDS (HOPWA)

Ideal for:

Individuals with HIV/AIDS

Receive rent assistance, transitional housing support, and other services if you or someone in your household is living with HIV/AIDS.

Coming Soon


  • Short-term rent, mortgage and utility assistance.
  • Tenant-based rental assistance.
  • Permanent housing placement.
  • Short-term supported housing facilities (transitional housing).
  • Other support services.
Show more


  • At least one person who has HIV or AIDS in the household.
  • Total household gross income less than 80 percent Area Median Income (AMI).
  • Proof of Florida residency.
  • Verifiable documentation of need for housing assistance.
  • Enrolled in the Ryan White Program.

Click here to find out if you qualify.

Show more
Go back
No items found.


There are eleven regional agencies and six cities that deliver HOPWA-funded housing services in Florida. If you need assistance to remain in your current housing or obtain new housing, have a conversation with your local HOPWA provider agency to find out if they can help you.

Miami-Dade County Agency:

  • City of Miami – Department of Housing and Community Development
  • 14 N.E. 1st Avenue, Miami, FL 33132
  • Phone: 305-416-1984

Broward County Agency:

  • City of Fort Lauderdale – Housing and Community Development Division
  • 914 Sistrunk Boulevard, Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33311
  • Phone: 954-828-5391
Find out if you qualify.

Do you need help?

These organizations are ready to help you at no cost.

No items found.