Information you’ll need to provide

A housing counselor will ask you for a few documents once they assess your situation. If you need help finding these, they will work with you. Requested information will depend on the services you are being connected to. You will likely need to provide the following:

  • Copy of your photo ID like a driver’s license or state ID. 
  • A way to show your income like your most recent pay stubs.

Helpful tips

  • Fill out the intake form even if you’re not signing up for home buying assistance. Although the intake form appears to be centered around Homebuyer Education, you’ll still need to fill it out. The intake form is required for anyone looking for foreclosure assistance. 
  • If you need help filling out the intake form, reach out. A housing counselor can assist you over the phone or you can schedule an appointment to meet in person.

About this program

Provided By: Neighborhood Housing Services of South Florida

If you have questions, you can speak with a program representative at: 

Not what you're looking for?

Browse additional resources to apply for rental assistance, access free food, find job training programs, and more.

Resources for Individuals & Families

How we can help

Here is direct contact information for Program Representatives who will answer any questions and help you apply.

  1. To get started, call or email Yanick or Marilyn.
  2. You might say, “Hi, I’m a homeowner in Miami-Dade and I need to find a housing counselor. Can you help me apply?”
  3. If you don’t hear back within 48 hours, send us an email at

Yanick Landess

Neighborhood Housing Services of South Florida

(786) 527-3114

Marilyn Pineiro 

Neighborhood Housing Services of South Florida

(786) 527-3115