Information you’ll need to provide

After applying, a case manager will contact you to help you submit the following:

  • A way to show that you’ve lost income. This could be something like a letter from your job or bank statements.
  • Your current lease that shows the address of your home, amount of your lease, and signatures of both the renter and the landlord. If you do not have an executed lease, your case manager will assist you.
  • Photo ID like a driver’s license or passport for everyone in the household. You do not have to provide a social security number if you do not have one.
  • Proof of your current income.

Next, your landlord will be contacted to provide the following:

  • W9 form to receive the payment.
  • An agreement that the county will provide funds.

Helpful tips

  • It is recommended that you apply online.
  • Certain households that are eligible can receive back rent and an additional 3 months of future rent.
  • Landlords can also reach out on behalf of their tenants. Landlords are encouraged to contact the program at or call (786) 688-2440 to refer tenants who are behind on rent.
  • Undocumented individuals and families are able to apply. You do not have to provide proof of citizenship.
  • If your rent has increased and your application is accepted, the County will pay the difference of the current rent and new rent (up to 20%) for a 3 month period.
  • Utility payments and housing stabilization services are available, as well.

Locations for paper applications:

  • Victory Homes, 520 NW 75 Street, Miami, FL 33150 (Northern Miami-Dade County)
  • Homestead Gardens, 1542 SW 4 Street, Homestead, FL 33030 (Southern Miami-Dade County

Paper application must be dropped off at one of the two locations above. They will not be accepted via email.

About this program

Provided by: Miami-Dade County

If you have questions, you can speak with a program representative at:

FAQs: English - Español - Kreyol

Sample Application: English - Español - Kreyol

Informational Videos: English - Español - Kreyol

Not what you're looking for?

Browse additional resources to apply for rental assistance, access free food, find job training programs, and more.

Resources for Individuals & Families

How we can help