Emergency Financial Assistance to Performing Artists

For residents of:

South Florida and beyond

Provided by:

The Actors Fund

Ideal for:

Performing Artists

Emergency financial assistance for performing artists that have immediate financial need.

Coming Soon
Need more help with Rent and Housing?

Find money for rent & utilities, and free legal advice if you're facing eviction.

Go to the Rent and Housing program finder


  • One-time grant for those unable to pay for basic living expenses like food, housing or health care.
  • Funds are available to union and non-union workers in entertainment and the performing arts.
Show more


  • Open to everyone who works in performing arts and entertainment including theater, film, television, music and dance. Those who work on stage, on camera or behind the scenes are encouraged to apply.
  • Must have entertainment industry earnings over $6,500 for three out of the last five years. Income from teaching does not qualify. Dancers must was document three years of recent dance earnings of at least $2,000 a year.

Show more
Go back
No items found.


  • Please be sure to collect all of the required documentation prior to filling out this application Applications submitted without the proper information will not be processed.
  • Required documentation will need to be uploaded in PDF format.
  • If you are applying to a Union-specific fund for support, be sure to check for additional application requirements here.
  • If you are a member of SAG-AFTRA/AGMA/AEA/Local 798/Local 802/Local 600/Local USA 829/PGA, please be sure to select the fund that corresponds to your Union when asked "Which assistance are you applying for?" and upload your Union Card or Membership Verification Letter (PGA Only).

Apply Now

Do you need help?

These organizations are ready to help you at no cost.

No items found.


  • Proof of five years of earnings in the entertainment industry. Accepted forms of earnings documentation include: Union Pension and Health statements, W-2 or 1099 forms.
  • Most recent checking and savings bank statements, including name, address and balance totals.
  • Current lease, rent or mortgage statement. If none of these are available, another household bill with your name and address.