Basic Needs Grant
Behind the Scenes
U.S. Citizens and residents
Behind the Scenes is providing grant assistance to entertainment technology professionals who have been hospitalized with COVID-19 and are facing financial hardship.
- Checks made payable directly to service providers to cover outstanding or upcoming bills
- Payments can be sent directly to the provider or to the recipient for distribution
Entertainment technology professionals may be eligible for a grant who:
- Are seriously ill or injured
- Currently reside in the US or Canada
- Have earned your primary source of income in the entertainment technology industry for at least five years, which includes being directly involved with a production-related craft: behind the scenes in any type of performance venue, or behind the camera, or production support for traveling performances, or work for companies who are directly involved in supplying entertainment technology products and services such as dealers, manufacturers, production companies, consultants, and design firms
- Have an immediate, dependent family member such as a spouse/partner or dependent (minor) child who is seriously ill or injured
- Performing artists are not eligible
Applicants do not need to be currently working in the industry as long as their time out of the industry is less than the total time they worked in the industry - unless they are retired or on permanent disability.