Basic Needs Assistance for Veterans & Active Military in Miami-Dade
Military & Veterans
Receive $1,000 (single) and $2,000 (households) for basic need expenses if you are a veteran or in the military.
Need more help with Rent and Housing?
Find money for rent & utilities, and free legal advice if you're facing eviction.Go to the Rent and Housing program finder
Show more programs
December 15, 2020
- $1,000 of basic needs assistance vouchers for single applicants.
- $2,000 of basic needs assistance vouchers for households of two or more.
- Vouchers can be used to purchase groceries, medical supplies, baby and adult care products and other household items.
Any Veteran OR Active Duty Military member may be eligible for basic needs assistance under the program, if the following conditions are met:
- Can prove they are a veteran or active duty military;
- Can show a household loss or reduction of income due to the COVID-19 Pandemic;
- Current household income is at or below 140% of Area Median Income (AMI) for Miami-Dade County. Current income refers to the household’s income following any job loss or income reduction due to the COVID-19 Pandemic; and,
- Proof of residency within Miami-Dade County.