Smart Biz E-commerce Micro Business Grant
City of North Miami
U.S. CITIzens and residents
The City of North Miami has created the Smart Biz E-commerce Micro Business Grant to provide working capital to enable small businesses to invest in resources to bridge the digital divide, enable retention of jobs and give each business a fighting chance of survival now and in a post COVID-19 competitive market. This grant is an e-commerce focused grant that will provide businesses with the digital tools needed to recover, adapt and thrive.
Up to $1,500 to purchase technological upgrades such as:
- Printer, scanner, copier (All in one)
- Internet service (1 year)Website – Turnkey website landing page package
- Virus Protection
- Microsoft Office 365
- Remote Client Software (Team Viewer)
- Other services:
- Virtual Training courses (Gotomeeting, Zoom, other virtual meetings – Max 3 month service) Tech Support with setup and remote troubleshooting
Participants must be a small business operating within the City of North Miami. Applicants of the Smart Biz Micro Grant Program shall comply with those provisions of the City’s local adopted codes repossessing a CU and BTR. For the purposes of this CDBG program, small businesses will be identified through the criteria established by Miami Dade County:
- Cannot have more than ten (10) employees
- Must not be part of a national chain or franchise
- Must not have received any CRA funding in the last five (5) Years
- Can be non-profit or for-profit and must have been in business within North Miami for at least three (3) years (proof include old lease, incorporations, sales tax, income tax, or utility bill, BTR).
- Orders must be made through City approved IT vendor
- More than one application submitted for the same business, business owner, family member, or partners will not be considered.
- Priority given to target industries (Healthcare, Medical Technology, Research, Restaurants, Hotels, Professional Services, Fitness, Arts/Entertainment, Industrial, Manufacturing)