Legacy Business Grant
City of North Miami
U.S. CITIzens and residents
In an effort to reduce the adverse economic impact caused by the coronavirus, the City of North Miami has created the Legacy Business Grant program to assist at least 10 longstanding North Miami Businesses by providing short-term working capital assistance to small businesses to enable retention of jobs held by low- and moderate-income persons.
- Up to $5,000 grant award to cover inventory, supplies and services (e.g. delivery, daily cleaning and sanitizing)
Participants must be a small business operating within the City of North Miami for at least 15 years. Applicants of the Legacy Business Stabilization Grant Program shall comply with those provisions of the City’s local adopted codes regarding possessing a Certificate of Use and Business Tax Receipt. For the purposes of this CDBG program, small businesses will be identified through the following criteria:
- No more than ten (10) employees who are within low to moderate income range
- Must not be part of a national chain, franchise or have city liens or code violations
- Business can be non-profit or for-profit
- Must submit a letter of intent and provide evidence of need for assistance with documents such as invoices, purchase order or service contracts.
- Must be a legacy business and have been operating in North Miami for at least 15 years (proof includes any one of the following: incorporations prior to 2005, income tax return prior to 2005, utility bill prior to 2005, or rental lease prior to 2005).
- The business owner must demonstrate an “Active” status in the Florida Department of State, Division of Corporations.
- Cannot simultaneously apply for other North Miami grants funded under CDBG-CV allocation
- More than one application submitted for the same business, business owner, family member, or partners will not be considered.
- Applicants must be U.S. Citizens or permanent resident aliens.
- Applicants must not have received a CRA grant, City of North Miami Green Rehabilitation or U.S. Small Business Administration grant in the last five (5) Years