Downtown Small Business Reopening Microgrant Program
The Miami Downtown Development Authority (Miami DDA)
U.S. CITIzens and residents
The Downtown Small Business Reopening Microgrant Program is designed to help small businesses to immediately offset some of the economic impacts arising from the pandemic and to assist with the expenses associated with the businesses safe reopening. The Program provides reopening assistance to small for-profit businesses located within boundaries of the Miami DDA District. The Program funds will be awarded to reimburse applicants for business related expenses including, rent, mortgage payment, utility expenses, or other similar expenses that occur in the ordinary course of business.
- One-time grant of up to $1,250 to reimburse eligible expenses dated May 20, 2020:
- Rent/Mortgage payment(s)
- Utility bill(s)
- Personal Protection Equipment (PPE)
- Cleaning/disinfecting supplies, equipment, etc.
- Interior alterations or equipment required to comply with new social distancing requirements/recommendations (e.g. touchless payment system, plexiglass installation, etc.)
- Must be a for-profit business with a valid business tax receipt
- Must have a brick-and-mortar location within Miami DDA District (home based businesses do not qualify)
- Must be a small business with at least one (1) payroll employee and no more than fifteen (15)