COVID-19 Collective Fund for Trans Communities
Borealis Philanthropy, Destination Tomorrow, and Third Wave Fund
U.S. CITIzens and residents
The COVID-19 Collective Fund for Trans Communities has been launched to provide financial resources to trans-led organizations and transgender, gender nonconforming, and non-binary communities who are organizing in response to the COVID-19 crisis. This collective of funds will prioritize trans-led organizations across the U.S. with a strong racial justice focus and youth/intergenerational leadership, with particular consideration for those who lack access to national and/or local funding streams.
Examples of activities that may be supported by this Fund include, but are not limited to:
- Mutual aid and care support networks
- Healing and virtual wellness spaces
- Online/virtual programming needs
- Living stipends for members and/or staff
- Basic needs assistance including: food, rent support, shelter or utilities
- Organizing and advocacy
Grant sizes will range up to $10,000; larger grants can be made on a case by case basis. For example, partnerships or coalitions can request up to $20,000. There is no budget cap for applicants.
- Open to all trans-led organizations and transgender, gender nonconforming, and non-binary communities who are organizing in response to the COVID-19 crisis. Trans-led organization are organizations where the majority of the people in charge of the group identify as trans or gender non-conforming