Aid for Small Businesses & Nonprofits with Less Than 20 Employees
Small Business & Nonprofit Grant Seekers
One-time grants of up to $15K for small business owners and nonprofit organizations.
December 2, 2020
- One-time grants in amounts of $5,000, $10,000, or $15,000.
- Grant amount is based on the number of employees.
- Grants available to reimburse the costs of interruption related expenditures caused by COVID-19.
- Free technical assistance from Broward County-identified partners to assist with application process and eligibility criteria.
- Revenue below $1.5 million and priority will be given to firms whose revenue is below $1 million.
- Be based in Broward County (priority given to those in Prosperity Broward Zip Codes: 33023, 33069, 33309, 33311, 33313, and 33319).
- Be a for-profit business or non-profit business.
- Have been in operation since October 1, 2019.
- Be legally registered, fully licensed, and up to date on tax payments/filings through 2018.
- Have been forced to close (deemed non-essential) by the government, experienced economic injury or voluntarily closed to support social distancing due to COVID-19.
- Have received $15,000 or less of assistance through the SBA Economic Injury Disaster Loan (EIDL), Paycheck Protection Program (PPP), or State of Florida Small Business Emergency Bridge Loan Programs (priority will be given to those who received no EIDL, PPP or State of Florida Small Business Emergency Bridge Assistance).
- Employs 20 employees or less.
- Businesses must attest that they have not received more than $5000 in small business funding assistance from any other Broward County Municipality using dedicated CARES Act Funding.
Visit the information page to see all businesses that are ineligible for funding.